Stealing, prostitution, and stalking...!!!

Last weeks lecture was good as we got to watch clips from different films and programmes. The first one we watched was 'Breaking out is hard to do', Family guy, 2007, FOX.
We had to discuss the following questions:
Is shop lifting any different to any other kind of theft?
I answered 'no', both of them involve stealing. Regardless of the value, if you take something that does not belong to you, you are a thief..!!!
Why do people who can afford to buy things shop lift them instead?
I think its because they experience a 'buzz' when they do it, especially if they get away with it. I can remember when I was in secondary school, I hung around with a bunch of girls and a few boys who got into shoplifting at lunch times, and I got involved too, we stole stuff like chocolates and sweets. I used to get excited when I got away with it.
Even though sometimes we could afford to buy the items, we stole because it was quite easy and we could get away with and save a few pounds.
So I think that's the main reason why people who can afford to buy things, steal instead.
'Breakfast at Tiffany's' 1961, Paramount
This clip was based on prostitution...
Is it prostitution to take money from someone who is expecting sex, but then to not supply it?
I thought that this was a pretty straight forward question, and that it was obvious that it is not prostitution, but some people said that it was still prostitution, I still can't understand why they think that way..!!! I thought that prostitution meant to traffic yourself, give sex in exchange for something like money or drugs..!
If it isnt prostitution then is it more or less socially respectable?
Well, because Tiffany took the man's cash without giving him what he expected in exchange, she is a thief..!! Prostitution and stealing are both wrong in my eyes. However, other people may think that stealing is more or less socially respectable than prostitution.
If it is prostituion, then how much is reasonable charge?
Although this question doesn't apply to me, I'm going to state my opinion...
I believe that sex is a special gift from God that should not and cannot be priced, it's something that should be saved for marriage and kept to enjoy between a man and his wife...!!!!
Peek show, 2005, Objective Productions
This was based on stalking...
When does a concerned interest in someone's activity become stalking?
I think it becomes stalking when a person goes out their way to find out something about another person. For example, the man on this show logged on to the lady's computer to find out other things about her. Not only that, but he must have been asking her general questions to see if any of her answers would be the password for her computer. That is not normal..!!
It's sort of like obsession..!!!
Are some sort of observances allowed and appropriate? Which ones aren't?
I think that it's alright and very normal to have an interest in someone, and its ok to probably talk to their friends about them so that you can find out more about them. But I think that a line should be drawn... when a person starts to go undercover to find things out about someone, it's wrong..!!! For example, following them around without them knowing, like hinding in bushes to find out where they do their shopping. Why don't you just ask the person..!!??


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home