Friday, 20 April 2007

Body Modification


As a Christian, I think that certain types of body modification are wrong and un-neccessary.
I don't really think that there is anything wrong with piercing as along as it is done modestly, like piercing the ears, etc. I think that it becomes wrong when it's done excessively. It's sort of like eating, it's not wrong to eat, but when done execessively it becomes unhealthy.


I think that invasive modification is wrong to a certain extent. For instance, someone having a sex change, i don't agree with at all. However, if someone has to have an operation to add a limb that they were born without, I personally don't think that's wrong because it's not their fault that they were born that way, and it's something that will benefit them.

Again, as a Christian, I wouldn't have a tatoo or do anymore piercings as I've already got my ears pierced.

I know that we are all individuals and have our own bodies and many people think that they can do what ever they please with their bodies, but I believe that we should treat our bodies like temples. Some of the things that people do to themselves makes me think that they are craving for attention, e.g. piercing or tatooing excessively.


http://http://www.ccs.mq.edu.au/bodmod/

1 Comments:

At 21 April 2007 at 07:54 , Blogger Precious J said...

very interesting stuff!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home