Bandits and outlaws

Although they commit crime and violence in society, social bandits are sometimes considered as good guys because they look out for other people. For example, Robin Hood, a bandit from back in the day, stole of the rich to give to the poor, this could be seen as a bad thing, but also a good thing because he isn't doing it for himself but for other people who are less fortunate.
Personally, I don't agree with it simply because a crime is a crime at the end of the day. If something is wrong, it's wrong, it doesn't matter what the motives were behind it, it's still wrong.
HOWEVER, I must admit that when I watch a film with good vs bad and the good guy does something like commit a crime against the bad guy, I'll be cheering the "good" guy on, even though he may have done something wrong to the bad guy, simply because nobody wants the "bad" guy to win..!
Some other examples of bandits are:
I think that there is a tendency to glamerise crime in the majority of films and it could be stated that the good guys are really bad guys also, but they do bad things with a good motive.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home